Deadline: February 28, 2021
BCCPAC Educational Award (student) The BCCPAC Educational Award honours Ona Mae Roy, president of the BC Home and School and Parent-Teacher Federation (now the BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils) from 1978 to 1980. Ona Mae Roy was dedicated to improving the quality of life of all children through the advancement of their health, welfare, and education. In pursuing this goal, she gave strength and encouragement to all who advocate for children. It is the wish of BCCPAC and those who have contributed to this award that children will continue to benefit in memory of a valiant lady. The BCCPAC Educational Award is granted annually to a well-rounded student in Grade 12 who is involved and interested in many things and has an understanding of the importance of parent involvement in education. The student must be from a school that has a PAC that is a member of BCCPAC. The following must be submitted:
- Complete the BC Educational Award application showing specific plans as to immediate future academic, technical, or vocational education or training studies.
- Prepare a 300 to 500 word essay, on the value of parent involvement in education, with reference to Parent Advisory Councils (PACs), District Parent Advisory Councils (DPACs), and/or BCCPAC.
- Include a cover letter with information about interests and evidence of good citizenship, leadership, sportsmanship, and community service.
- Include two letters of reference: one from an educator, and one from a community member, but not a relative of the applicant. The references should comment on the applicant’s good citizenship, leadership, sportsmanship, and community service.
- Provide copies of Grade 11 and Grade 12 report cards or transcripts to date.
Important: Children of current BCCPAC board members, staff, or contractors are not eligible to apply for this award. This provincial award is in the amount $1000. Completed applications must be received by the BCCPAC office by February 28th each year.
Apply at the BCCPAS Educational Awards’ website.